How to Place a Bid Easily at Insurance Auto Auctions
Insurance Auto Auctions (IAA) is one of the leading salvage auto auctions in North America, selling all kinds of cars, trucks, SUV's and motorcycles. It mainly focuses on the automotive total-loss industry and over 150 corporate owned facilities across the United States and Canada to sell drivable vehicles, lightly damaged and repairable vehicles, theft recovered vehicles, parts vehicles and donation vehicles by combining live auctions with live internet bidding. How to Place a Bid at Insurance Auto Auctions
- It is very easy and only takes a few steps to place a bid at Insurance Auto Auctions. Please visit iaai.com and click on "REGISTER NOW" button at the top right of the homepage.
- IAA provides two types of paid customer accounts: public buyer to buy vehicles that are open to the public and licensed business buyer to buy without limitation. The differences of the two types are listed below and please view them carefully before registering online.
- For example, if you register as a public buyer, six steps are needed. Select the states where you want to bid, provide your personal information and personal identification information, select whether you would like to bid online, review the information you provided and finally make payments online.
- By registering online, you can find vehicles and bid now. Two methods are provided for users to find vehicles online. You can enter the information about the car you want to buy such as vehicle type and year into the search box at the top of the homepage. The additional search key words on the left side will help you to narrow your search. Besides, further down on the homepage provides links to find a vehicle. Choose by vehicle type, loss type to find the one you want.
- IAA provides users with four convenient ways to bid: live auction bidding, live auction internet bidding with L-bid LIVE, pre-bidding online with proxy bid representation at the live sale and purchase vehicles instantly online. Please refer to the videos at How to Bid Page to learn more about bidding at IAA.
- The last step is to pay and claim. Once you have been awarded a vehicle, you have a big selection to make payment online, by credit card, by wire transfer, by mail or in person.